Free Christmas Printables for the Holidays
During the holiday season it’s easy for young children to get lost in the shuffle with all of the planning that goes on. This fun collection of Free Christmas Printables will make the littles in your life feel special and important during this wonderful time of the year.
Kids of all ages can have so much fun using free downloads and cute Christmas printables.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF PRINTABLES
In this post you will get a ton of information on Free Christmas Printables for the Holidays as well as many awesome resources you can download right here.
Before I get into all that, let’s talk about the many different types of Christmas printables that are out there.
- Christmas Cards
- Advent Calendar Activity Ideas
- Adult Coloring Sheets
- Christmas Coloring Pages for Kids
- Free Printable Gift Tags
- Printable Banners
- Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt
- Treat Bags
- Cupcake Picks
- Printable Signs
Literally something for everyone. I’ve linked to a handful of printables from this site in the list above. Feel free to have some fun scrolling through the archives.
This site has been around for 12 years so there’s much to see.
The older content is a bit cringy but it will give you an appreciation for how far this blog has come!
RELATED: NEW! OVER 30 PAGES OF FREE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY AND GAME PRINTABLES! FUN FOR EVERY AGE!
Free Christmas Printables for the Whole Family
One fun way that my family likes to experience the holiday cheer is by using Advent Calendars to count down the days of Christmas.
This fun Christmas Countdown doesn’t have to be expensive or a lot of work.
Daily tasks can be as simple as doing Christmas puzzles or going on a Christmas light scavenger hunt or writing Santa letters. Here is a tried and true free printable list of advent activities.
If that’s not your thing maybe you just want to do an easy Christmas Countdown. This printable Christmas Tree countdown sign is so simple to use.
Just print it out on regular printer paper or card stock with your home printer and laminate it. Grab a dry erase marker and start counting down the days.
If you would like to take this activity a step further, the cut files for this design are also available for free and you can give this Christmas countdown your own twist.
There are many printable activities to choose from during the holidays and here are a few of my favorites.
- Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt. Grab this list of things to find and hop in the car. Maybe bring along a cup of homemade hot cocoa to enjoy. Up the excitement a bit and make a competition out of it.
- Write Santa Letters. This is a timeless tradition. Do you remember writing letters to Santa when you were a child? If you have older children consider using this Free Printable Christmas List of want, read, need and wear.
- Christmas Puzzles. Grab a few from the dollar store or make your own using empty cereal boxes and a pair of scissors.
- Make and share reindeer food. We’ve been doing this for years and you can get all of the info HERE as well as printable tags to make sharing more fun!
CHRISTMAS CRAFTS FOR COLD WINTER DAYS
Depending on where you live and how much time the kids get off for Christmas or Winter break, you might be looking for ways to keep the family busy on cold winter days.
One great activity is to make and send Christmas cards.
While we’re talking about free Christmas printables, did you know that you can download printables for Christmas crafts and games for cold winter days?
A few years ago I created a fun set of Christmas bingo cards in both English and Spanish.
You can print the cards out on card stock right from your home printer and use colorful pom poms or chocolate kisses for the bingo “chips”. Christmas Bingo is a fun activity to play during Christmas break or at a Christmas party.
Christmas Break Activities
Christmas day may have come and gone but there’s still a need to keep the kids busy until they return to school in the new year. Here are a few timeless traditions for Christmas break activities.
- Hold a Gingerbread House contest. Invite a few friends over to join in the fun and top the day off with some delicious homemade hot cocoa.
- Bake and Decorate Christmas Cookies. Do this activity closer to New Years so that you have some yummy treats to share with friends while waiting for the clock to strike midnight.
- Find a local Polar Express and go on an adventure. Many areas now have Polar Express trains running during the holiday season. It’s a great way to get out of the house and to avoid Christmas break cabin fever.
- Host a Holiday Cookie Swap. Get all the details HERE and using printable treat bags would be ideal for sharing with neighbors.
- Make handmade Christmas ornaments. If you have a Silhouette Cameo or a Cricut and some blank wood slices, you can download these FREE Rustic Christmas Ornament SVGs and make your own.
PRINTABLE HOLIDAY DECOR
There are so many talented bloggers who love to share their fun free Christmas printables right before Christmas time. I’m one of them. Ha!
If you need shelf ideas you can find Christmas decorations like Merry Christmas or Joy to the World Printable Banners and free printable holiday quotes using just regular printer paper and a dollar store frame.
Think outside the box by using printable Christmas gift tags on wrapped empty boxes under the tree, just for show.
It will give your kids that Christmas morning excitement without the temptation of trying to see what’s inside. #yourewelcome
I had so much fun sharing these ideas with you. I’d love to hear about your holiday traditions and how you spend your Christmas/Winter break.
Leave a comment and share your favorite way to celebrate the joy of Christmas.
FREE CHRISTMAS SVG CUT FILES
If your looking for some of the best FREE Christmas SVGs, you HAVE to see this collection! Lots of new designs for 2021!
Here at The Girl Creative I mostly share FREE printables and FREE SVG Cut files for Silhouette and Cricut. Every now and then you’ll see a simple craft or delicious recipe. From time to time I will blog about every day life and that includes my family and my relationship with Jesus. Read more…
Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. It really helps me a lot. i would love to try this in christmas keep posting such amazing ideas