Make this delicious Pumpkin Bread for your family and have them eating out of your hands this fall.
I seriously can not get enough of pumpkin bread. Truth be told, if I could get away with it, either on the scale or without being found out, I would (and could) eat the entire loaf. That’s how much I love it! So, you can imagine that I don’t make it that often for obvious reasons. Thankfully I have friend who loves to gift pumpkin bread for the holidays though. Her recipe is to-die-for. In fact, she’s such a good friend that she shared her recipe with me! I’ve been meaning to share it here for years and today I finally managed to bake it, photograph it and write it up in a blog post! #boom
*NOTE: If you follow the Weight Watchers Points Plus Program, I calculated each serving to be about 5 points plus! Although I made 2 loafs of bread and 12 muffins, I estimated that this recipe would make 36 muffins. So, one muffin would be about 5 points.
Okay, now that we got that out of the way…………here’s the only pumpkin bread recipe you’ll ever need!
Preheat Oven at 350
3 1/3 cup flour 3 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda 1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg 1 tsp salt
Make a “well” in the mix and add:
-1 1/2 can pumpkin (regular not spiced) this equals about 3 cups
-1 cup oil
-2/3 cup water
-pinch of brown sugar
Mix until smooth, add 1 tsp vanilla and if desired add:
1 cup chopped nuts or 1 cup raisins
Grease pans and flour lightly
Sprinkle brown sugar on top of pumpkin mix before baking. That will give it a slightly crunchy top. Bake in oven for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
For more pumpkin recipes, check out these White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies of this delicious collection of Pumpkin Recipes! (click images)
This is the only pumpkin bread recipe you'll ever need. It's tasty and moist and you won't be able to stop at just one piece.
- 3 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 can pumpkin (regular not spiced) this equals about 3 cups
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oil
- 2/3 cup water
- pinch of brown sugar
- Nuts (optional)
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- Make a “well” in the mix and add pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and a pinch of brown sugar.
- Mix until smooth, add 1 tsp vanilla and if desired add:
- 1 cup chopped nuts or 1 cup raisins
- Grease pans and flour lightly
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of pumpkin mix before baking. That will give it a slightly crunchy top. Bake in oven for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6008Total Fat: 303gCarbohydrates: 824gProtein: 98g