Hi there creative girls! I’m Erica and I blog over at For the Love of Decorating!
I’m a thrift store lovin’ DIYer with a passion for decorating on a budget! My decorating philosophy is to RE-use, RE-purpose, & RE-do FIRST, then fill in the rest. The goal of my blog is to chronicle my adventures in decorating (and re-decorating) my home & to inspire you to pick up a sander and can of paint and transform your home, one item at a time.
I am THRILLED to be one of Diana’s new contributors and SO EXCITED to share with you all today!
One of my favorite home decor projects I’ve done lately are these DIY topiaries in my dining room.
So when I was thinking up ideas for a Valentine’s Day vignette, I thought I would create an easier (and thriftier) version of them for another area in my home.
I have this adorable cabinet which is the perfect canvas for my rotating holiday decor…
A trip to my local Goodwill, Dollar Tree, Walmart, and about $13 later and here is what I came up with…
- The doilies were only $1 per 16 pack at Dollar Tree
- The Champagne flutes and pink heart marshmallows I had on hand
- That beautiful frame was a Goodwill score at just $2
- The tulip print? I found it on Pinterest and was able to go to the original source, save, upload and have it printed to a 4×6 at Walmart.com for 16 cents! You can too by going here 🙂
- Styrofoam ball (I used a 5″) – $2.99 @ Walmart
- 30-100 flowers depending on size & spacing (I used 60) – $0.75 for a stem of 6 flowers @ Walmart
I hope you enjoyed my first thrifty post here today. I am looking forward to sharing more with you all in the coming months 😉