If you’ve been a reader of TGC for awhile you may remember this project. If you are a newbie, I hope you enjoy it. 🙂
Ever have those empty DVD cases that your kids have nearly demolished? You know the ones………the movies are all scratched so they are long gone; the pictures and paper under the clear plastic stuff has been removed by your 3 year old and has been shredded into confetti. Let’s all nod in agreement. I knew you knew what I’m talking about. Well, I decided that they had to be good for something and this is what I came up with.
(1) 12×12 sheet of scrapbook paper
Photo of your choice
String, Jute or Ribbon (your choice)
Scrap Fabric (optional)
Hot Glue Gun
Children’s Glue Stick
- Take an empty DVD case and wrap it with scrapbook paper like you would wrap a present. 12×12 is the perfect fit.
- Turn it over and glue one end of your jute, twine or ribbon to one of the back corners.
- Wrap *string* around twice and then go back so that you now have 2 “x”s on the front. They should be close to the ends leaving a big space in the middle for your picture.
- Secure other end of string with hot glue on the back as well.
- Take scrap fabric and tie in the middle of each “X”. I slid one up and one down.
- Take photo and slide it right under your string and position it in the middle.
- *Optional*: Cut out a word or phrase with your Cricut and add it to the bottom of your “frame”. I used the word “love” and only used a little bit of glue (just a regular children’s glue stick) on each end so that I could change the picture if I want.
It was that simple and only took me a few minutes. 🙂