Teach Me Tuesday Throw Back – Transform DVD Case to Picture Frame
If you’ve been a reader of TGC for awhile you may remember this project. If you are a newbie, I hope you enjoy it. 🙂
Ever have those empty DVD cases that your kids have nearly demolished? You know the ones………the movies are all scratched so they are long gone; the pictures and paper under the clear plastic stuff has been removed by your 3 year old and has been shredded into confetti. Let’s all nod in agreement. I knew you knew what I’m talking about. Well, I decided that they had to be good for something and this is what I came up with.
(1) 12×12 sheet of scrapbook paper
Photo of your choice
String, Jute or Ribbon (your choice)
Scrap Fabric (optional)
Hot Glue Gun
Children’s Glue Stick
- Take an empty DVD case and wrap it with scrapbook paper like you would wrap a present. 12×12 is the perfect fit.
- Turn it over and glue one end of your jute, twine or ribbon to one of the back corners.
- Wrap *string* around twice and then go back so that you now have 2 “x”s on the front. They should be close to the ends leaving a big space in the middle for your picture.
- Secure other end of string with hot glue on the back as well.
- Take scrap fabric and tie in the middle of each “X”. I slid one up and one down.
- Take photo and slide it right under your string and position it in the middle.
- *Optional*: Cut out a word or phrase with your Cricut and add it to the bottom of your “frame”. I used the word “love” and only used a little bit of glue (just a regular children’s glue stick) on each end so that I could change the picture if I want.
It was that simple and only took me a few minutes. 🙂
Here at The Girl Creative I mostly share FREE printables and FREE SVG Cut files for Silhouette and Cricut. Every now and then you’ll see a simple craft or delicious recipe. From time to time I will blog about every day life and that includes my family and my relationship with Jesus. Read more…
Very clever. I hadn’t seen this one so thanks for reposting it!!
Fabulous! I have ALL our movies in a big cd case so all the DVD cases have been in my closet, just sitting there taking up space, this is going to get some use out of them, it’ll be a great inexpensive Christmas gift and I love pictures of the kids, so they’ll probably be a lot of them around my house to! Thanks
This is so fabulous!
Cute idea! Great project for kids over the holidays too!
This looks easy. Thanks for sharing. Please look at my post for today and follow me too.
Katharine @ Kat’s AlmostPurrfect World