Tired of all the money I’ve been spending on clothes lately to get ready for our trip I decided to finally try to make a pillowcase dress for my girls. The only problem I had was that I didn’t have a pillowcase to spare. Or one that was actually nice enough to make a dress out of. So, I improvised.
I had some fabric and ribbon kicking around so I decided to use that instead. I didn’t really use a pattern but having received a pillowcase dress once before I knew the basic look of it and decided to just go for it.
At first I made it way too wide so I took it in and it looked a bit better. Then I didn’t really like how the ribbon (straps) kept sliding all over the place so I grabbed some buttons I had picked up months ago from Hobby Lobby and added a nice little embellishment to the front and back of the dress sewing the ribbon in place.
I liked the dress so much better that way. Now I don’t have to worry about the ribbons slipping out in the laundry or my girls taking them out because they are notorious for doing things like that. I let Gracie wear it to school when I picked Emilee up and got so many compliments on it. I only got around to making one but hope to bang out another one before we leave. The whole project only took me about an hour which was not too bad. 🙂
I will be linking up to these wonderful parties this week:
Letting The Creative Juices Flow