One Pot Chicken Scampi Alfredo is a delicious meal and can be prepared in as little as 30 minutes.
One of the first meals I mastered in the kitchen was chicken scampi. My best friend at the time was pretty amazing in the kitchen. When we were both single she’d cook for us sometimes. Her chicken scampi was to die for so I took mental notes and began making it myself. Fast forward 15+ years and here I am married with 3 kids, and a crazy busy schedule so I’ve been gravitating towards one pot meals. We recently started creating meal plans to help us stick to a budget as well as to simplify our busy lives. I find that I shop smarter when I have a menu to bring with me to the supermarket. Plus it takes all of the guesswork out of dinner when I prepare a menu ahead of time. With school and soccer I need all the help I can get to stay organized while feeding my family home-cooked meals.
Barilla® Pronto™ – Penne is perfect for one pot meals! One pan, no boil, no drain. Can’t get any better than that! I picked up a few boxes at my local Stop and Shop and got to work. I was pleased to find out that I could make my favorite meal, all in one pan. What a time saver! Barilla® Pronto™ comes in a variety of pastas: Penne; Spaghetti, Rotini, Elbows and Linguine.
Not only is this meal quick, it’s delicious. I’m a total butter and garlic lover. I’d eat scampi anything all day long if I could. If you aren’t a chicken fan, substitute shrimp instead. I love a nice creamy sauce so pairing a simple alfredo sauce with chicken scampi was a tasty combination.
ONE POT CHICKEN SCAMPI ALFREDO
Make sure you grab some New Barilla Pronto Pasta next time you shop at Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores, or Martin’s Food Markets. Barilla Pronto Pasta is also available through Peapod!
- 1 Box of Barilla® Pronto™ - Penne
- 4-6 boneless chicken breast tenderloins cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2-3 TBSP Butter
- 3-4 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Cups of 1% Milk
- 3 TBSP Flour
- 4-6 Pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3/4 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- In a 12" pan, prepare Barilla® Pronto™ - Penne according to package instructions. Remove from pan, toss with butter and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to already hot pan (medium heat) and allow butter to melt. Add chicken and allow to cook.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, flour, salt and pepper whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Remove cooked chicken from pan and pour milk and flour mixture into pan. Cook on medium to high and bring to a boil while stirring. Once the sauce thickens (should only take 1-3 minutes) remove from heat and add chicken and pasta back into pan. Stir together until all of the chicken and pasta is coated in the alfredo sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella on top, add crumbled bacon on top and sprinkle with parsley. Cover and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes while mozzarella melts. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 601Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 396mgCarbohydrates: 44gSugar: 24gProtein: 19g