Muddy Buddies Treat Bags
Christmas time is the perfect time to try out some of those recipes that you’ve been putting off all year. I’ve always wanted to make puppy chow (aka muddy buddies) and being that I had some gifts to give, it was the perfect time to make some Muddy Buddies Treat Bags.
It doesn’t have to cost you a fortune to give gifts at Christmas time to all of the important people in your life. In fact I think most people love handmade or homemade food gifts even more than something bought in the store. Now muddy buddies aren’t exactly homemade but they are made at home and they sure are good.
9 cups of Rice Chex cereal
1 Cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 Cup salted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1 Cup holiday sprinkles
1. Measure out 9 cups of Rice Chex cereal and set aside in large bowl.
2. Take powdered sugar and holiday sprinkles pour into gallon size Hefty Slider bag and set aside.
3. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in medium bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments (stirring between each interval) until chocolate is completely melted.
4. Pour half of the chocolate and peanut butter mixture over Rice Chex cereal and mix up using a rubber spatula. Pour remaining chocolate on cereal and stir until all of the cereal is coated.
5. Scoop chocolate covered Chex cereal into bag with powdered sugar and sprinkles. Zip up bag and shake until all of the cereal is coated in sugar. You may have to do one half of the cereal first and then do the second half.
5. Spread mixture onto wax paper or freezer paper lined baking sheet and allow to cool and set. This should take about 30 minutes.
While you’re muddy buddies are setting, visit this link to print out these fun and festive treat bag toppers available on the Hefty website. I normally love to create my own printable’s but I have to say, during the very busy holiday season I love having the option of downloading and printing ones that have already been designed. It’s such a time saver too! On that Hefty Holiday page you will also find more ideas on how to incorporate Hefty products into your holiday crafting or baking.
There are three designs to choose from and they can be printed out on white copy paper at home. Fill the Hefty Storage Slider Bags (quart sizes) with the muddy buddies and add the bag topper by folding over the top of the bag. Secure it by punching holes in the topper and the bag and tying a ribbon on it. So easy!
Here at The Girl Creative I mostly share FREE printables and FREE SVG Cut files for Silhouette and Cricut. Every now and then you’ll see a simple craft or delicious recipe. From time to time I will blog about every day life and that includes my family and my relationship with Jesus. Read more…