This 3 Ingredient St. Patrick’s Day Dessert is the perfect for those that are looking for something sweet without the guilt. It’s so easy to make, even the kids can help.
St. Patrick’s Day is one of those holidays that doesn’t get a ton of fuss but there’s no shortage of green foods and desserts to be eaten. From home kitchens to restaurants far and wide, there’s always something delicious and green to eat on March 17th.
3 INGREDIENT ST. PATRICK’S DAY DESSERT
If you’ve ever been on a diet, Weight Watchers in particular, you’re probably very familiar with diet soda cake. All it takes is a boxed cake mix of your choice and a diet soda in flavor and viola, low fat cake.
Even though the instructions are so simple, I’ll break it down here for you.
3 Ingredient Dessert Supply List
- 1 box of yellow (or white) cake mix
- 1 can of Diet Sprite
- 1 container of fat free whipped topping
- green food coloring
DIET SODA CAKE INSTRUCTIONS
- Take your cake mix and your can of Diet Sprite and stir together. THAT IS ALL. Do not use any other ingredient on the list.
- Add green food coloring until you get the shade of green that you are looking for. I used yellow cake mix and I felt like I used quite a bit of food coloring to get it to the green shade that I wanted. I’m thinking using white cake mix might take less food coloring but don’t quote me on that! I haven’t tried it so I’m not sure.
- Bake your cake according to the package instructions.
- Once cooled, add a small layer of cake to the bottom of a mason jar.
- Spoon your whipped topping into a pastry bag (or a zip lock back if you don’t have a pastry bag), cut a hole in the bottom (or the corner of the bag) and pipe your whipped topping right in the jar on top of the cake.
- Repeat the cake and whipped topping steps until you reach the top. Finish it off by piping a dollop of whipped topping onto the top of your jar. Sprinkle with green sugar sprinkles. (optional)
I don’t have the exact fat or calorie content but it’s not much. Its really only what’s in the dry cake mix plus the whipped topping which is really low in calories.
I made this easy St. Patrick’s Day dessert while my girls were at school and boy were they happy to dig in when they got home.
I made these delicious Lightened Up Lemon Cupcakes the same way I made this dessert. Go check it out!
ST. PATRICK’S DAY TREATS & IDEAS
There’s a whole lot more where this came from. Our St. Patrick’s Day archives is full of treats, printables and ideas. Here are a few of our favorites but feel free to check out the whole collection HERE.