If you’ve been a regular reader of The Girl Creative blog it should come as no surprise to you that I’m a self-taught blog designer. For the last few years I have spent hours upon hours teaching myself about blog design. From the coding to the design elements – I’ve taught myself all of it. And I’m still learning!
I was recently given this awesome opportunity to take a Blog Design Course from Makin Cute Blogs. Are you familiar with them? I stumbled across Makin Cute Blogs while blog hopping quite a few months ago and I was super impressed. I love the design of the site and I loved the freebies and tutorials that they offered. I always wanted to take everything I had learned and put it into an e-book or something of that nature but Makin Cute Blogs has done something even better! They have put together a video series and design course called Blog Design and Revamp Course. It includes a 28 Page Guide AND 5.5 Hours of Video Instruction.
I know this is coming to you late but for the month of November the course is on sale for $75. I’m telling you, that $75 will be money well spent. If you’ve ever tossed around the idea making money by doing blog design, then you really need to invest in this. The money you spend on the course could be made back with just one design customer.
Here is a breakdown of the course:
- Part 1: Inspriration – In this part of the course I talk about how I get the creative juices flowing.
- Part 3: Pixlr.com – I will walk you through the ins and outs of Pixlr.com to prepare you for designing your blog. (No Download or Sign Up required)
- Part 4: Back-Up & Hosting – In this portion of the course, we will cover Setting Up a Test Blog, Backing Up your Blog, Uploading a Template, and Hosting images in Blogger or Photobucket.
- Part 5: Beginning HTML & CSS – I will help you begin to understand HTML & CSS to make blog design less scary 🙂
- Part 6: Firebug & Troubleshooting – I give you the tools you need to install your design and troubleshoot along the way.
- Blog Design Walkthroughs – I will walk you through 2 full blog designs from planning to design all the way to installing it!
I wish there was something like this available back when I started designing. It would have saved me a TON of time and energy! Click on over to the Makin Cute Blogs SHOP and order. After November 30, the price goes back up to $99.