Today’s Easter printable is a pretty floral egg-shaped box. It is just the right size to hold a generous handful of mini eggs or your favourite small candy.
The printable includes the box in three pastel colours — yellow, green and lilac — each with a matching label.
You will need:
- Egg-shaped box template printable
- glue, scissors, small hole punch
- embroidery thread or ribbon to attach label and close box
To make up the box:
- Cut out the template and cut/fold along the lines indicated on the sheet. The solid-coloured flaps at the top and bottom are folded out, towards the right side. All other folds are inwards.
- Glue the small tab (on the coloured side) and attach it to the last segment at the opposite end. This will create a tube.
- Glue each of the solid-coloured flaps on one end of the egg on the wrong side. Join them together with their neighbouring flap.
- Completely close one end of the egg, gluing all the flaps together.
- Repeat step 3 on the other end – remembering this time to leave one of the flaps free, so you can fill (and empty!) the box.
- Punch a hole on the open flap and its neighbour. You can now fill, and secure with thread and a label.
These paper eggs would be perfect for an egg hunt – small enough to hide in nooks and crannies, colourful enough to still be found.