This past weekend I was invited to my first house party since moving out to California. Since Monday was St. Patrick’s Day I wanted to make a festive dessert for the hostess that would also be easy to serve. Last year I made an awesome Key Lime Pie (here) but since this party focused mainly on finger foods I wanted something easy to share. After scouring the internet I combined a few recipes and came up with my Double Dark Chocolate Mint Brownies! Yes, they are decadent and delicious.
- Brownie Mix (you can make them homemade but I did not have time for that)
- 1 tsp Mint Extract
- A Splash of Vanilla Extract
- Milk – to desired consistency
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 9 tsps Butter
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Cook brownies according to mix instructions. Mine required water, oil, and eggs. I used a dark chocolate mix since I wanted mine to be really chocolaty. I also cooked it in foil so I could just pull the foil out to cut them perfectly later.
2. While the brownies are cooling make your mint icing. Combine 6 tsps room temperature butter with your confectioners sugar, mint extract, a splash of vanilla extract, and a splash of milk. If your consistency is too thick add a little more milk. I also added a little green food coloring to make it more festive.
3. When your brownies are cool, spread the icing over the brownies. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
4. While your brownies and frosting are chilling you can make your chocolate spread to go on top. Combine your chocolate chips and 3 tsps butter in a microwave safe bowl and place in the microwave for 45 seconds. After 45 seconds remove and shake bowl to help disperse heat. Place back in microwave and continue for every 30 seconds until all chocolate is melted. Towards the end you can mix it with a spatula but you want to be careful in the beginning so the chocolate does not separate.
These were a huge hit at the party and something I will definitely be adding to my recipe list. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
If you are interested in more fun recipes be sure to check out our blog at Create Bake Celebrate and follow us on bloglovin, pintrerest, and instagram below.