Summer is upon us and the words we dread hearing are “I’m bored”. One week in and I haven’t really heard it from my kids yet. But I know it’s coming! And YOU know it’s coming! Good thing I have this collection of 100 Low to NO Cost Summer Boredom Buster Ideas to keep on hand.
This post was originally shared a few summers back during our Create Memories with Kids Series so it might be somewhat familiar to you. This version is new and improved though. It comes in a handy printable version. I’ve tweaked the list a tiny bit and all you need to do is download and print. At your fingertips you will have 100 Low to NO Cost Summer Boredom Buster Ideas!
100 Low to NO Cost Summer Boredom Buster Ideas
I’ll give you a peek at the first 15 and then you can download the whole book and browse through it!
- Go geocaching! It’s fun and free. Find geocaches in your area online.
- Play hide-n-seek. It’s always a favorite! And if mom hides well, she may or may not enjoy 5 minutes of sitting down. lol
- Go swimming.
- Play in the sprinklers.
- Have a picnic in your backyard or at the park.
- Park Week ~ visit a new park each day for a week.
- Play at your local school’s playground. It’s nearby and most likely less crowded than other parks in your area.
- PLAY BALL! Dodge ball, tether ball, baseball, football, basketball, catch, tennis, racquetball, and more!
- Go for a bike ride.
- Take a hike or go for a walk.
- Create a masterpiece using sidewalk chalk.
- Make lawn art! Using a stencil and flour, you can decorate your lawn.
- Plant something: A plant, a tree, seeds, or a time capsule.
- Have a bike wash! A bucket of water with some soap, a sponge or wash cloth, a hose, and a bike makes for a fun time!
- Play Frisbee.
Dude. There is so much more where that came from! Download and enjoy!