Today is my daughter’s 9th birthday (boo hoo) and you know, she’s still at that age where she wants me to make cupcakes to bring to school. I have to admit, I’m going to be kind of sad when she gets “too old” for that kind of thing. But, for now I will happily bake some treats for her to share with her friends.
I love to bake cupcakes. I just started using a pastry bag and decorating tips to pipe the icing onto the cupcakes and let me tell you…….so much easier than trying to spread it all out with a knife. I have made my own icing and have used store bought and have success with both so I just go with what I have time for.
Being a December baby I thought these North Pole Cupcakes would be great for her to share with her classmates. I love when I can pull off something that I’ve seen online or in a magazine and have it come out great. This was one of those times! SCORE!
I’ve seen them pinned on Pinterest several times and if you search for them in Google you will find a ton of pictures from all kinds of sources. They are very easy to assemble and sure do make a statement!
Here’s the simple instructions on how to make them:
- Make cupcakes according to box instructions.
- After cooling, ice them with a decorating tip and pastry bag using homemade butter cream icing (or even store bought).
- Sprinkle icing with sanding sugar (optional)
- Take regular sized candy canes and break the hook off. Insert pole directly into cupcake.
- Add a small amount of icing to the tip of the candy cane for “glue” and pop a red M&M right on top.
- Add a small amount of icing to the back of North Pole Label (click HERE to download labels) and stick it right onto the candy cane. It doesn’t have to be neat at all. A little icing hanging over the label just looks like snow!
So stinkin cute!
Happy 9th Birthday to my sweet Emilee (and my niece, Alexa, who turns 3 today too)! I love you with all my heart!
Due to the amount of content that is used without permission and proper credit, I am no longer allowing a full RSS feed. I value each and every reader so I hope you will click through and come visit!