Hello everyone! It’s Kierste (sweetpea) from brown paper packages. I have been wanting to do a project with newspaper forever! I had some extra wood blocks laying around, and when I saw THIS post, it all came together. I love, love, love how they turned out!
ITEMS YOU NEED:
- 2×6 board, cut into 5 1/2 inch squares (When you buy lumber, it’s always about 1/2 inch smaller than it says–so a 6 inch board is actually around 5 1/2 inches.)
- Mod Podge and foam brush
- paper trimmer
- ribbon or other embellishment
- Distress ink
- Paint and distress wood blocks.
- Router the edges if desired.
- Cut cardstock to be just a little smaller than the edge of the routered edge.
- Distress the edges.
- Cut out heart from newspaper. I used a section from the classifieds/tv guide, where the print is small and more even. Distress edges.
- Using double stick tape, adhere the heart to the cardstock.
- Mod Podge the cardstock to the wood block, using even strokes. Let dry.
- Add desired embellishment.
Have a great week!