Beach season has finally arrived and I’m here for it! Make all the cute beach themed things with this collection of Free Beach SVG Files for Cricut and Silhouette. I see t-shirts, tote bags, hats, tumblers and more in your future! Grab the free designs below and happy crafting!
RELATED: Free Printable Summer Bucket List
FREE BEACH LIFE IS THE BEST LIFE SVG
PIN FOR LATER
If you don’t have time to download this “Beach Life is the Best Life” SVG today, save this post to your favorite board on Pinterest. Come back to it anytime. It will always be FREE!
While your here, download more Free Beach and Summer SVGs from the archives! Just think of all the crafts you can make.
FREE DOWNLOAD: BEACH THEMED SVG CUT FILES THAT YOU WILL LOVE
As you might have guessed it, it’s Blog Hop Thursday. Every 3rd Thursday of the month my friends and I get together to bring you a collection of themed SVGs for FREE.
If you’re new here, you can find 3 years worth of past free cut files right HERE.
This month’s theme is the BEACH if you haven’t already guessed. I’m so excited to share my FREE “Beach Life is the Best Life” SVG cut file with you. Wait until you see the amazing designs from my creative blogging friends too.
Here you’ll find SVGs for the crafter and DIY girl who loves life on the beach. And guess what? I’m one of those girls. It’s been a few years but every summer we used to spend an entire week on the beach in North Carolina.
There’s nothing like going to sleep at night with the sound of the ocean in the background. Ahhh, take me back!
COLORFUL AND FUN FREE BEACH THEMED SVG CUT FILES
WHAT CAN I MAKE WITH A FREE SVG?
Since there are so many ways to use these FREE designs, it can get overwhelming. For this purpose I’ll break it down and give you some great ideas to get you started.
VINYL PROJECT IDEAS
Wood Signs and Door Hangers: To make a sign or door hanger you will need a wood craft blank, vinyl, transfer tape, weeding tools, paint and cutting mat. Don’t forget the most important thing: your Silhouette or Cricut machine.
Tumbler, Mug and Water Bottles: If you want to add this Father’s Day quote to your drinkware of choice you will need a drink blank. Blanks can be picked up at your local craft store like Michaels, Hobby Lobby and JoAnn. Dollar Tree and Dollar General are great alternatives if you don’t have a craft store nearby.
HEAT TRANSFER VINYL (HTV) PROJECT IDEAS
Shirts, Tote Bags and Hats: Tote bags are always a good idea to have hanging around.
To use the Beach Life is the Best Life on anything fabric you will need a fabric blank (i.e. shirt, tote bag, hat, etc.) that can be purchased at your local craft store, HTV (heat transfer vinyl), heat press or home iron, weeding tools, cutting mat and of course your Silhouette or Cricut.
OPTION: If you decide to use this FREE Beach SVG file in this way, consider sublimation to take advantage of the color combination that I’ve chosen.
For sublimation you will want to use the PNG file that comes with your download. Note: colors on your screen might vary from the printed version.
STICKER AND PAPER PROJECT IDEAS
Stickers: Lastly, how about making stickers! They are easier to make than you think. To make an Easter sticker you will need to use the PNG file sized way down, full sheet labels, cutting mat and your machine.
IMPORTANT DOWNLOAD INFORMATION
This “Beach Life is the Best Life” SVG cut file download comes with an SVG and a transparent PNG.
The SVG is on a 12×12 canvas but you can size it up or down to your liking in Silhouette Studio or Cricut Design Space. The PNG is 300 dpi which is perfect for printing if you don’t have an electronic cutting machine.
NOTE: If you have Silhouette Studio basic edition, you will need a DXF file. This file will only be provided upon request.
IMPORTANT: To get access to these FREE designs, you will need to complete the checkout process in our shop. Your files will be in a zipped folder that you’ll need to extract. It is strongly recommended that you download your files from a laptop or desktop computer.
FREE BEACH SVG FILES
Don’t forget to visit the blogs below to grab their FREE SVGs for beach lovers!
Beach Life is the Best Life SVG and how to use it to make your own t-shirt.
GRAB THE FREE FILE HERE
- Blank T-shirt
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV)
- SVG Cut File
- Silhouette Cameo
- Heat Press or Home Iron
- Weeding Tools
- Step 1: After downloading your SVGs, open the design of your choice in your Silhouette Studio software. To open you need to go to File > Open > and select your design from the location you saved it to on your computer. NOTE: You will need Silhouette Studio Designer Edition or higher to use an SVG. If you are running the basic edition, please let me know and I will provide you with the proper file type.
- Step 2: Resize your SVG to the size that you need according to the size shirt you will be using.
- Step 3: Now you're ready to cut. Don't forget to mirror your image BEFORE you send to cut AND make sure you select the proper material (HTV) and adjust the cut settings (if you use the ratchet blade like me). Also, the shiny side of the heat transfer vinyl (the carrier sheet side) should be face down on your cutting mat.
- Step 4: Weeding. With your weeding tools (or you can use a stick pin if you don't have any weeding tools) start removing the excess htv from around your design. You want to do this nice and slow to make sure your vinyl doesn't tear. To make things easier, try leaving your design on your cutting mat. that works best for me. Once you have the area around your design weeded, work on the inner parts of the design (i.e. letters, shapes, etc.)
- Step 5: Applying Design to Shirt A rule of thumb when it comes to placing your design on the shirt is leaving about 3 inches from the top of your design to the neckline of your t-shirt. Once you have the design placed where you want it, it's time to press it.
- I don't have anything fancy equipment at home so my regular clothing iron is what I have to work with. I always read package instructions for how to press my design.