DVD Case Photo Holder
Disclaimer: I hope you’ll excuse my cheesy photos. I’m just putting that out there from the beginning! One of these days I’ll take a course in photography and put an end to the horrible pictures in my posts.
Now that that is out of the way…………Ever have those empty DVD cases that your kids have nearly demolished? You know the ones………the movies are all scratched so they are long gone; the pictures and paper under the clear plastic stuff has been removed by your 3 year old and has been shredded into confetti. Let’s all nod in agreement. I knew you knew what I’m talking about. Well, I decided that they had to be good for something and this is what I came up with.
(1) 12×12 sheet of scrapbook paper
Photo of your choice
String, Jute or Ribbon (your choice)
Scrap Fabric (optional)
Hot Glue Gun
Children’s Glue Stick
- Take an empty DVD case and wrap it with scrapbook paper like you would wrap a present. 12×12 is the perfect fit.
- Turn it over and glue one end of your jute, twine or ribbon to one of the back corners.
- Wrap *string* around twice and then go back so that you now have 2 “x”s on the front. They should be close to the ends leaving a big space in the middle for your picture.
- Secure other end of string with hot glue on the back as well.
- Take scrap fabric and tie in the middle of each “X”. I slid one up and one down.
- Take photo and slide it right under your string and position it in the middle.
- *Optional*: Cut out a word or phrase with your Cricut and add it to the bottom of your “frame”. I used the word “love” and only used a little bit of glue (just a regular children’s glue stick) on each end so that I could change the picture if I want.
It was that simple and only took me a few minutes. 🙂
Here at The Girl Creative I mostly share FREE printables and FREE SVG Cut files for Silhouette and Cricut. Every now and then you’ll see a simple craft or delicious recipe. From time to time I will blog about every day life and that includes my family and my relationship with Jesus. Read more…
Genius! I have plenty of DVD cases lying around…
Cute idea!! I just may have to put it on my LONG to do list!!
Brilliant! Adding to my must do crafts list
So fun! You’re such a brilliant crafter.
Great idea! I too am adding it to my HUGE list of to do’s 🙂
Very cute and creative! Indeed, I was “nodding my head” even before you prompted! I can see filling and wrapping the inside so it could brace itself also… Great job and Thanks for sharing 🙂
I love it!
What a cool idea! I know the DVD case holders you’re talking about. Now I have an idea what to do with them. We now have IPODS, so I will have plenty… Thanks for the idea.
Thanks for joining my party.
fantastic, so easy and uses up all those cases we don’t really need!