Disclaimer: I hope you’ll excuse my cheesy photos. I’m just putting that out there from the beginning! One of these days I’ll take a course in photography and put an end to the horrible pictures in my posts.
Now that that is out of the way…………Ever have those empty DVD cases that your kids have nearly demolished? You know the ones………the movies are all scratched so they are long gone; the pictures and paper under the clear plastic stuff has been removed by your 3 year old and has been shredded into confetti. Let’s all nod in agreement. I knew you knew what I’m talking about. Well, I decided that they had to be good for something and this is what I came up with.
(1) 12×12 sheet of scrapbook paper
Photo of your choice
String, Jute or Ribbon (your choice)
Scrap Fabric (optional)
Hot Glue Gun
Children’s Glue Stick
- Take an empty DVD case and wrap it with scrapbook paper like you would wrap a present. 12×12 is the perfect fit.
- Turn it over and glue one end of your jute, twine or ribbon to one of the back corners.
- Wrap *string* around twice and then go back so that you now have 2 “x”s on the front. They should be close to the ends leaving a big space in the middle for your picture.
- Secure other end of string with hot glue on the back as well.
- Take scrap fabric and tie in the middle of each “X”. I slid one up and one down.
- Take photo and slide it right under your string and position it in the middle.
- *Optional*: Cut out a word or phrase with your Cricut and add it to the bottom of your “frame”. I used the word “love” and only used a little bit of glue (just a regular children’s glue stick) on each end so that I could change the picture if I want.
It was that simple and only took me a few minutes. 🙂