Today is my 35th birthday! I wish I had planned some big, fun party here that we could all hoot and holla to but I’m really bad at planning! So, I figured I’d give you a glimpse of the girl behind The Girl Creative. Here are 35 random things about me. 😉
1. I hate to be called Diane.
2. Being called Diane is my all time, #1 pet peave, EVER.
3. My mother’s name is Diane.
4. 1-2 has nothing to do with #3.
5. I hate email forwards – especially the ones that tell me I don’t love Jesus or that I won’t get blessed if I don’t forward to 12 friends, 13 business associates, 18 3rd cousins twice removed and the 7-11 store owner.
6.I get very annoyed at people on the road especially (but not limited to) slow pokes in the left lane, people who don’t go right away when the light turns green (unless it’s me and in that case it’s ok), people who don’t turn their signal off after changing lanes (wouldn’t that mean they are just going in cirlces?), cell phone talkers, etc.
7. I got spanked once for lying.
8. I’m a really loyal friend even if you treat me bad. I will keep forgiving you anyway.
9. I love taking care of my family.
10. There is only 1 room in my house where I can not see myself in a mirror. For those of you who have been to my house, you will know exactly what I’m talking about.
11. I used to have a pair of black jeans that I called my lucky jeans b/c every time I wore them, the guy I liked would talk to me.
12.Turns out they were my “unlucky” jeans. He was a jerk.
13. I’d much rather send someone a text or an email before I’d make a phone call. I hate those awkward silent moments. I always feel responsible for keeping the conversation going if I’m the one who called. Email is just easier. There’s no pressure and it never gets misconstrued or misunderstood.
14. I’m sarcastic. (see #13)
15. When I was pregnant with Emilee my feet were so swollen that I had to wear men’s extra wide sneakers.
16. I never went on a honeymoon.
17. The first time I ever went on a plane was in 10th grade and we went to TN for a Volleyball Tournament.
18.I have not been on a plane since before 9/11.
19. Chances are I will not be on a plane after 9/11
20.I almost got run over in my church parking lot. Thankfully I was able to jump on top of Emilee in her seat and only my arm got side swiped. Poor Emilee though.
21.I grew up in a development and for fun we would send taxis to people’s houses.
22.One time we sent 5 to one house and they all arrived at the same time.
23.My 4th grade teacher called me fat but that was okay b/c he liked big women.
24.When my parents would leave us all home, we’d make prank phone calls for hours.
25.I used to weigh 112 lbs.
26.That was in 5th grade. Yeah, not so good.
27.When I was in nursery school I beat up a 1st grade boy. Or maybe I was in kindergarten and he was in 3rd grade? Whatever. I still beat up a boy.
28.I love fart/toilet scenes in movies – Nutty Professor, Nacho Libre, Dumb and Dumber, Along Came Polly
29.In first grade a bird pooped on my head while waiting for the bell to ring before school started. I cried. My sisters laughed. That was the norm.
30.I like to make people laugh.
31. A few years back I fell down 2x in one trip to the supermarket. The first time was a splat. My knee has never been the same.
32. A few months before #31 happened, I fell off the alter at church and went crashing into the front row. Fun times.
33. The videographer at my wedding caught me asking my sisters if i had snots during the prayer at my wedding.
34. I’ve never had a beer and probably never will.
35. My 2 oldest sisters blackmailed me for years because i said a bad word and they were going to tell on me (after they TOLD me to say it). Funny thing is, they can’t even remember what it was but I DO and I’m not telling. So there! lol
Do you guys still love me??? LOL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!