The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
I think I make a pretty good chocolate chip cookie. My family loves them. I love them but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that seeing some recipes floating around on the web claiming they were the BEST chocolate chip cookie didn’t have me doubting my cookies. So, over the last few months I’ve been experimenting a little bit with my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’ve tried using sea salt, cake flour, light brown sugar, dark brown sugar, corn starch, butter and I’ve come to the conclusion that the cookies I’ve been making for years are the best ever chocolate chip cookies in my mind anyway.
I use the basic Tollhouse cookie recipe that you see on the back of a bag of chocolate chips but with a few minor tweaks. So yummy……and addicting! You’ve been warned. (wink wink)
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Type: Cookies
After trial and error I have found what I believe is the best version of the chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 stick of Butter Flavored Crisco (equivalent to 2 sticks of butter)
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 bag of chocolate chunks
- Preheat Oven to 350 (if have a convection button use that)
- Cream together Crisco and both brown and white sugar
- Add 2 eggs and vanilla and mix well
- While mixer is going add baking soda and salt
- Slowly add flour and mix until well blended. Don’t turn the mixer up too high or you will look like a powdered donut!
- Manually stir in chocolate chunks
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto cookie sheet evenly spaced apart and bake for about 7 minutes on convect or about 8-9 minutes with a regular oven. The cookies will be slightly undone – that is how you want them. Sometimes I let mine sit on the cookie sheet for an additional minute or so before moving to a cooling rack.
- Makes about 3-4 dozen
Here at The Girl Creative I mostly share FREE printables and FREE SVG Cut files for Silhouette and Cricut. Every now and then you’ll see a simple craft or delicious recipe. From time to time I will blog about every day life and that includes my family and my relationship with Jesus. Read more…
This is now my go-to cookie recipe! Thanks so much…these are SO good.
Oh yay!!! I’m so happy! We love them at my house. They are addicting!!!
I’m getting ready to try these today, but I wanted to give you a heads up that the 1st step calls for 2 eggs that aren’t in the ingredients. I’m sure they’re going to be great!
Oh my goodness! How did I miss that?! Thanks for pointing that out. I just fixed the recipe. I hope they came out great for you!! 🙂
This is just the Nestle TollHouse recipe but with shortening instead of butter. Isn’t that plagiarism? I do have to say, it is a yummy recipe and my go to. I have made it so many times, I know it by heart! I use 2 1/3 cup flour instead of 2 1/4.
Yes, it is. I mentioned that in the post. I also adjusted the amount of vanilla and the cooking time. 🙂
Butter 1 stick meaning?
One stick of butter flavored Crisco (it’s equal to 2 regular sticks of butter).
sorry, we don’t have crisco here…how much shortening in cup form? 1/2 c or 1 c. Thanks!
1 cup. 🙂