Happy One Week from Valentine’s Day!! How lucky are we that V-Day falls on a Monday so…….OBVIOUSLY next Monday will be a Valentine’s Day Linky Party. Woot Woot!!
Before we get started I just wanted to let everyone know that I have openings in my blog design schedule in the month of February if anyone is in need of a little bloggy makeover. Please shoot me an email and let me know. Would love to help you beauitfy your blog. 🙂
Over recent months the topic of linky party etiquette has come up. Do I really need to add your party link to each post I link up? Isn’t a party page good enough?? Is it okay if I just have your button somewhere on my blog homepage? Here is MY take on it but just let it be known that each blogger is DIFFERENT.
- If you link up a project to a particular blog, please be sure to read THAT blogger’s party rules or guidelines.
- Make nicey nice and follow those rules. 🙂
- Most parties now use thumbnail links as opposed to plain text. Those link parties are NOT free to host anymore. Linky Tools and Inlinkz both charge a membership fee and those fees come out of our pockets.
- If you don’t like the rules of a particular blog party, don’t participate. I TOTALLY get that it’s a pain in the butt sometimes to add a button to each post especially when its an older post. I’m guilty of just not linking up to some of those because I just don’t have the time. And that’s OKAY! You don’t have to link up to every single party. There are so many of them now so just link up to the ones that you can follow the rules of.
- Please don’t ignore the whole post and skip right to linking up. Take time to read it. Many times there is giveaway information in there or an important piece of information relating to that particular party (i.e. themes, special instructions, etc.) and bloggers are so anxious to link up that that forget to even read and then don’t even follow the rules. Believe me, it takes a lot of time to add all of those special details to posts
Okay…..now that that’s been said, here are the rules for MY party. 🙂
- Add our party link to your homepage somewhere. I prefer that it’s not on a hidden “party page” but won’t be scouring blog after blog to make sure someone does or doesn’t do what I’m asking. But……do the right thing. 🙂
- If I’m having a special theme for my Just Something I Whipped Up party I will post it in the TITLE so there is no missing it.
- I know this is probably NOT a popular thing to say but if I’m hosting a giveaway during my Just Something I Whipped Up party and you are NOT interested in entering, please don’t leave a comment. I LOVE and APPRECIATE every single comment but I want my sponsor to feel special when they see all the comments that are left specifically for THEM and their PRIZE.
Whew! Glad that’s out of the way. Grab a button and link up!! 🙂